Friday, December 27, 2019

Painting Challenge: week ending December 28, 2019

December 22 - 28, 2019

More Cthulhu: Death May Die this week.

Josephine LeClerc



Chthonian




I took the photos before I cleaned up the base - sorry about that.


Servants of the deep


Ernest Hemingway


Albert Einstein

 

Disciples of Hastur


I'm really bad at painting yellow... :-(

Hastur

 

OK, so Hastur is really big (see the 28 mm fig next to him). I'm going to count this one as a vehicle instead of a mounted figure.

Walter Bagget



Points Earned


Entering the week: 40 points

11 @ 28 mm figures:  55

1 @ 28 mm Monster (counting as mounted figure): 10

1 @ 28 mm Monster (counting as vehicle): 20

Weekly total:  85

End of week campaign total: 125 points


Planning for the future...
Here's a comparison of Flames of War (15mm) and Time of Legends (18mm) figures.  Although clearly the 18mm figures are taller than 15 mm, they are definitely not 20 mm.  Our system awards 2 points for 15 mm soldier, 4 points for a 20 mm soldier.  The Time of Legends models don't warrant 4 points.  But I'm wondering if these guys should be worth 2 or 3 points each?



2 comments:

  1. Nice work, Chris. That Chthonian is definitely modeled after something I saw in the Mutter museum that was pulled out of someone's intestines - Yuck!

    I don't see a problem with doing 3 / 6 / 9 with the 18mm stuff. That is exactly between 15 and 20mm ratings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good thinking Alex! I will go with 3/6/9. Seems reasonable.

      Delete

End of Competition - April 15, 2020

The last bit... The competition is reaching an end, and I managed to get a little bit done before the deadline of APril 15, 2020. Gog is...